These tasty brownies are great if your avoiding wheat and/or gluten as they are made without any flour. The black bean is a surprising ingredient that no-one will guess and gives this dessert a great texture.
FUN foodie fact: BLACK BEANS have an uber amazing protein-plus-fiber content! For a single one cup serving, you get almost 15 grams of fiber (half the recommended daily value) and 15 grams of protein (one third recommended daily value) – This combination helps to slow the digestion process and lessen the burden on the digestive tract as a whole. Generating a steady movement of food, it slows the breakdown of food into counterparts, including simple sugars. This outlines a brief overview of some health benefits that legumes play for the digestive tract and blood sugar levels.
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup olive oil or coconut oil
3 large eggs
½ cup sugar or honey
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Spray the inside of an 8”x8” baking pan
- Place the drained black bean and oil in processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl. Add eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir until well blended. Do not overbeat
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cool before cutting. Cut into 16 squares.
Great for freezing ahead of time so you always have a sweet healthy treat on hand.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Total fat: 5g
Saturated fat: 1g
Trans fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 11g